How to make a complaint with Alphera
Alphera is a business division of BMW Australia Finance Limited and is committed to providing products and services of the highest standard. If for any reason you feel we have not lived up to your expectations or you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our service please let us know. The information below provides a brief overview of how we deal with complaints in our consumer disputes resolution procedure and tells you where to direct your complaint.
Step 1: Let us know
Allow our experienced Customer Service officers the opportunity to assist and resolve any concerns you may have. Please refer to the below contact details and select the one most relevant to you. Our teams are available to take your call between 8:30-5:30PM (AEST) Monday to Friday.
Customer Service team - 03 9264 4422
Hardship team - 03 9264 4118
Collections team - 03 9264 4490
Step 2: Escalate your complaint
If you remain unsatisfied, please contact our Dispute Resolution team:
Phone: 03 9264 4492
Mail: Complaints Officer, BMW Australia Finance, PO Box 611, Mulgrave VIC, 3170
What you will need to provide:
To assist us in our investigation in our attempt to resolve your complaint, please provide us with the following information:
- Your contract number
- Your name and address
- Details of how we can contact you and preferred means of contact
- A clear description of your complaint and the resolution you are seeking and
- Copies of any relevant supporting documentation.
BMW Financial Services will use best endeavours to:
- Acknowledge your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable in order to start working with you towards a resolution.
- Where financial hardship concerns are involved, provide you with a final response within 21 days of receiving the complaint and all relevant information. Our response time will depend upon the complexity of your case, whether all relevant information has been provided, your own response times, and so on. For complaints concerning matters other than financial hardship, our response will be within 45 days.
- Investigate all complaints in good faith, diligently and impartially, obtaining additional information from you as necessary.
- Address each complaint genuinely, efficiently and effectively, taking into account all relevant factors to ensure a fair and reasonable outcome for you, the consumer.
- After we’ve reached a resolution, discuss this with you and confirm in writing our final response along with our reasoning for the resolution.
Step 3: Seek an independent review
If you are dissatisfied with our final response you have the right to raise your concerns with our external dispute resolutions scheme, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) who will conduct their own independent review. The AFCA can be contacted as follows:
1BMW Australia Finance's internal dispute resolution procedure is established pursuant to section 47(1)(h) of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth).